All ChromaPure customers are entitled to lifetime e-mail technical support. All technical support issues will be handled through this web site. Before submitting a technical support request, make sure that the issue is not addressed by the Help file included with every installation of ChromaPure, the user manual, or the FAQ page.
For AccuPel support, firmware updates, and drivers, see the AccuPel web site.
ChromaPure 2 User Manual
ChromaPure 3.1 User Manual (Rev. May, 2019)
Files for LG 2016-2017 OLED grayscale/gamma calibration
To Report an Email Support Issue
Send an email to email@example.com and please include the following:
- Your full name.
- Which version of ChromaPure you are using.
- Attach a calx file of the calibration session (Save Session on the main ChromaPure page).
- Attach a calibration report (Reports, Custom Report, Run Report, print to a pdf or xps printer).
- If the program generates an error, then take a screenshot (Start, Windows Accessories, Snipping Tool) and attach that to the email.
If you ever get an error message that includes the text "Access to. . . is denied", this is a Windows security issue. To resolve this:
- Close ChromaPure.
- Right-click the ChromaPure desktop icon, and select Properties.
- Click the Compatibility tab, and then check Run this program as an administrator.
- Click OK.
Clean Reinstall (v3.1)
If you run acropss a strange problem in which the software is clearly not operating normally, this is usually caused by a corrupted configuration file. This moften appears when upgrading to a new version of the software, and can be resolved by a clean reinstall.
- Uninstall ChromaPure
Repair Microsoft .Net Framework (Control Panel, Programs and Features, double-click Microsoft .Net Framework 4.6.2, and select the Repair option). NOTE: For Windows 10 users this option will not be available. 4.6.2 is built-in to Windows.
- Reinstall ChromaPure using the latest build of ChromaPure.
- With ChromaPure closed, delete the following file.
C:\ProgramData\Display Calibrations LLC\ChromaPure\3.1\cp.db
(If you don't see the ProgramData folder, that is because it is hidden. To unhide, access Control Panel, File Explorer Options, View, check "Show hidden files, folders, and drives", and then click OK.
Once the cp.db file is deleted, start ChromaPure.
If you are using a signal generator or custom report settings, these will have to setup again from scratch.
Advanced Auto-cal Troubleshooting
If you are getting poor results with Lumagen Pro auto-cal, here are several suggestions.
- You may have a bad installation, which usually means a corrupted configuration file. Follow the instructions above for a clean install.
- Some of the features in ChromaPure that are useful for manual calibrations interfere with the proper functioning of auto-cal, so they should be disabled. In particular, disable Measurement Smoothing in Options, General and also disable any Gamut Overlay features in Options, Gamut.
- By default, ChromaPure uses 75% Color Intensity. This should always be set to 100% for auto-cal sessions.
- If you are using the Lumagen Pro, then ensure that you have selected the appropriate color space for your desired calibration
YCbCr422 - 709 for SDR HD
YCbCr422 - SDR2020 or SDRP3 for SDR UHD
YCbCr422 - HDR2020 for HDR UHD
- Be sure to always use the Filtering feature. For HDR set the Intensity Filter to 65%. For SDR set the Intensity Filter to 100%. Color will be filtered automatically after the system measures your display gamut.
- If, for whatever reason, you want to run auto-cal more than once, then close ChromaPure and then reopen before starting another auto-cal session.
- If you are performing a HDR calibration on a projector, you MUST take readings off the screen. Lens readings will not work for HDR.
- Make sure that the Lumagen is connected to an active HDR input before starting a HDR2020 calibration. The Lumagen Pro will default to CMS01. For SDR calibrations you can use a Blu-ray/broadcast HD input or no active input at all. Either will default to CMS0.
- 709 playback should use CMS0, and HDR2020, SDR2020, and SDRP3 playback should use CMS01, since all of the these will use a HDR2020 input.
- Many displays will automatically switch to the correct Picture/Gamut mode when detecting HDR and/or a 2020 signal. If not, you may have to do this manually before you begin the calibration. For example, the LG OLEDs should use the Standard gamut for DVD, the Extended gamut for Blu-ray and HD broadcast, and the Wide gamut for UHD.
Auto-cal instructions for the Lumagen Pro
Clean Reinstall (v2)
- Uninstall CP.
- Delete this file
C:\ProgramData\Display Calibrations LLC\ChromaPure\2\ChromaPure.config
(If you don't see the ProgramData folder, that's because it is hidden. To expose it, Control Panel, Folder Options, View, check "Show hidden files, folders, and drives". Then click OK. Now it will be visible.)
- Repair Microsoft .Net Framework (Control Panel, Programs and Features, double-click Microsoft .Net Framework, and select the Repair option).
- In Windows 8 you need to download the repair tool
A reboot may be required.
- Reinstall CP.
- If you are using a signal generator, you will have to set it up again in CP from scratch.
i1Pro Driver Fix
|Driver fix for i1Pro 32-bit
||32-bit Driver Fix
|Driver fix for i1Pro 64-bit
||64-bit Driver Fix
|The v2 Excel reports for the ColorChecker module are broken
Windows XP/7: The needed fix is just an update to the reports. Download this zip file, and then unzip the Excel files into the ChromaPure Reports folder, replacing the existing files.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Display Calibrations LLC\ChromaPure\Reports
Windows 8/8.1/10: The needed fix is both an update to the reports and changes to avoid some Windows 8 security issues. First, you must resolve the security issues.
- Close ChromaPure, and then right-click the ChromaPure icon on your desktop.
- Select Properties, and then click the Security tab.
- Next to To change Permissions, click Edit, click the Edit button.
- Select your Windows name.
- In the Allow column, select Full Control.
- Click Apply.
- Click the Compatibility tab.
- Check Run this program as an administrator.
- Click OK.
Now you can copy the updated reports into the ChromaPure reports folder as described above.
Technical Support Incident Submission Form