All ChromaPure customers are entitled to lifetime e-mail technical support. All technical support issues will be handled through this web site. Before submitting a technical support request, make sure that the issue is not addressed by the Help file included with every installation of ChromaPure, the user manual, or the FAQ page.
For AccuPel support, firmware updates, and drivers, see the AccuPel web site.
ChromaPure 2 User Manual
ChromaPure 3.1 User Manual
To Report an Email Support Issue
Send an email to email@example.com and please include the following:
- Your full name.
- Which version of ChromaPure you are using.
- Attach a calx file of the calibration session (Save Session on the main ChromaPure page).
- Attach a calibration report (Reports, Custom Report, Run Report, print to a pdf or xps printer).
- If the program generates an error, then take a screenshot (Start, Windows Accessories, Snipping Tool) and attach that to the email.
If you ever get an error message that includes the text "Access to. . . is denied", this is a Windows security issue. To resolve this:
- Close ChromaPure.
- Right-click the ChromaPure desktop icon, and select Properties.
- Click the Compatibility tab, and then check Run this program as an administrator.
- Click OK.
Clean Reinstall (v3.1)
Many problems, especially when upgrading to a new version of the software, can be resolved by a clean reinstall.
- Uninstall ChromaPure
Repair Microsoft .Net Framework (Control Panel, Programs and Features, double-click Microsoft .Net Framework 4.6.2, and select the Repair option). NOTE: For Windows 10 users this option will not be available. 4.6.2 is built-in to Windows.
- Reinstall ChromaPure using the latest build of ChromaPure.
- Open the Initial Setting module, and then click Repair Settings.
ChromaPure will close and then restart.
- If you are using a signal generator or custom report settings, these will have to setup from scratch.
Clean Reinstall (v2)
- Uninstall CP.
- Delete this file
C:\ProgramData\Display Calibrations LLC\ChromaPure\2\ChromaPure.config
(If you don't see the ProgramData folder, that's because it is hidden. To expose it, Control Panel, Folder Options, View, check "Show hidden files, folders, and drives". Then click OK. Now it will be visible.)
- Repair Microsoft .Net Framework (Control Panel, Programs and Features, double-click Microsoft .Net Framework, and select the Repair option).
- In Windows 8 you need to download the repair tool
A reboot may be required.
- Reinstall CP.
- If you are using a signal generator, you will have to set it up again in CP from scratch.
i1Pro Driver Fix
|Driver fix for i1Pro 32-bit
||32-bit Driver Fix
|Driver fix for i1Pro 64-bit
||64-bit Driver Fix
|The v2 Excel reports for the ColorChecker module are broken
Windows XP/7: The needed fix is just an update to the reports. Download this zip file, and then unzip the Excel files into the ChromaPure Reports folder, replacing the existing files.
C:\Program Files (x86)\Display Calibrations LLC\ChromaPure\Reports
Windows 8/8.1/10: The needed fix is both an update to the reports and changes to avoid some Windows 8 security issues. First, you must resolve the security issues.
- Close ChromaPure, and then right-click the ChromaPure icon on your desktop.
- Select Properties, and then click the Security tab.
- Next to To change Permissions, click Edit, click the Edit button.
- Select your Windows name.
- In the Allow column, select Full Control.
- Click Apply.
- Click the Compatibility tab.
- Check Run this program as an administrator.
- Click OK.
Now you can copy the updated reports into the ChromaPure reports folder as described above.
Technical Support Incident Submission Form